Here are the different ways in which you can engage your audience on social media platforms:
- Consistency is critical when cultivating engagement on social media. Planning and scheduling your social media for the week, month, the year will help you set up strategies around the seasons and holidays increasing engagement around your posts. For scheduling, we suggest Social Champ or Hootsuite, but there are many out there that will make the job of planning your content strategy a lot easier.
- Instead of sticking to common hashtags, you should consider creating a branded hashtag for your brand using hashtag generators.
Use your branded hashtag in your posts and encourage your followers to as well. When more people start using your hashtag, all content related to your brand will be visible under this one hashtag. This can improve content discovery and engagement.
- Pivoting off recent trends and events. The pandemic is an excellent example of how to pivot off events. Letting people know how your business is going and how people can still do business with you are essential ways to engage your audience during this time.
- Highlight your employees and customers. Sharing your team and your customers puts a human side to your company. Creating a community around your brand will also increase organic traffic towards your business. Doing so can help foster brand trust even more.
- Use video and don’t forget to brand them with a logo watermark. Videos are hugely popular on social media. Case in point — over 500 hours of videos are uploaded every minute on YouTube. TikTok, Insta Reels are good examples of popular video streaming being used by businesses to promote their products. There are quite a few video editing apps available; we recommend Editframe as you can add video, audio, images and change format size for Twitter, Instagram and Facebook stories, feeds and covers.
It’s essential to promote your brand online to grow it, especially in pandemic times where most shopping is shifting to online. Combined, social media platforms have almost 4 billion users: more than 50% of the world’s population. With such a massive part of the world’s population using these platforms, you can easily reach your target audience by establishing a substantial presence there.
If you need help with increasing engagement with your social media contact us today.